Airsoft gun games are the most exciting ways to enjoy and explore the use of guns in a safe and secure environment. If organized well they can provide all the thrills and the adrenalin rush of a real battle situation without the fatalities.
Participants play in a variety of simulated situations. Players can engage in short term skirmishes, organized situations with a number of players involved, military simulations and even historical re-enactments. Airsoft gun games using both pistols and Airsoft rifles can be played during daylight hours or the heat can be turned up by playing in night time conditions. Each situation calls for some guidelines on how to achieve the aims of winning. We are here into a discussion of tactics. In its broadest sense, tactics are about finding the right actions to take to achieve a particular set of aims. In the context of airsoft gun games we are talking about establishing a military strategy where strategy is the larger-scale framework of direction and control and it follows that military tactics include specific offensives or maneuvers in the presence of battle. This is not a game for woosies!
Despite having the overall aim of taking down the enemy, different guns with their respective features are used in different ways to achieve this goal. And each player using their particular weapon will have a different role in the overall strategy of the game.
Below are some of the basics of tactics in Airsoft gun military strategy:-
Positions for carrying your gun – these include tactical carry, alert carry, guard positions and threat positions.
Basic Gun Marksmanship – including shooting position essentials, correct body support, trigger squeeze and firing positions.
Firing during combat – including rapid semi-auto firing, rapid reload and quick firing.
Target Detection – this includes search techniques, target indicators, target marking and use of the ‘Map Method’.
Other strategies include covering and concealing personnel, co-coordinating the team, guidelines for tactical movements and night –time fighting.
While everybody can join in the game, one of the most popular roles is the ‘Airsoft Sniper’ sometimes known as the Lone Wolf or ‘Rogue of Airsofting’. This seems to be because of the marksmanship of the role such as the stealth involved, the power of the sniper rifle, and for many the sheer ‘coolness’ of being the sniper. His main tactical aim is to set up the perfect ambush and take out the enemy with a combination of cunning, speed and precision.
What would the sniper choose as his weapon? This Airsoft warrior plays with a Sniper Airsoft Rifle, designed for accurate, long range shooting with high velocity.
In a snap shot, here’s how to be an effective ‘sniper’.
In order to become an effective sniper or marksman, here are a few tips:
• Know the features of your gun. This is basic for all airsoft players alike, but crucial for the airsoft sniper. Knowing the shooting range of your gun and the best way to hit your target.
• Travel light. Whether you are a mobile sharpshooter or a stationary sniper, try to travel light. The Sniper Airsoft Rifle allows you to fire quietly, that’s its advantage, but moving quickly is aided by traveling as light as possible.
• Choose your BB’s well. Heavier BBs allow for better accuracy but you may lose on the ability to cover a longer distance.
• Be patient. Patience and stealth is the hallmark of a good sniper. Don’t just fire the first time you see your target. You do not want to be detected a missed shot could mean your position is compromised.
• Stay cool. Being nervous means your hands will shake, your goggles mist over and you lose sight of your target. Stay cool and wait for the best shot.
• Work with a spotter. As in the military, most snipers do not actually work alone. Your spotter is there to support you if things are not right for you to snipe effectively.
• Fine tune your skills. While it might be the most exciting role in the game for some, it is also one of the most skilled. The more you know your Sniper Airsoft Rifles and its capabilities, how to use different cocking positions and accessories like a bipod and shoulder strap the easier it will be to find the best sniping maneuvers that ensure success in the game.
There are many types of Sniper Airsoft Rifle available. A good, quality internet stockist will be able to provide you with the most appropriate model for your level of skill and ability and of course provide you with an upgraded model as you hone your sniping skills.